Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Beetle Tranquilo"


"Beetle Tranquilo"

Today started off as what I like to call “a reality check day.”   On these days  the mornings always greet you with one test followed by another.  (I used to refer to them as problems but now I just call them test). More than likely I’ll  fail at a few of them which are then immediately followed by some tears and self -loathing.  And today was no different except for one small thing.  A bug.  A beetle to be exact.

So all through this “whoaaa is me day” there was this large beetle hovering around me.  I’m shooing- and running- and when it gets to close I start to panic even more. So I finally get rid of the damn thing somehow and continue on about my “check yo’self-anti merry day”.  I'm driving here and there-  In and out of this place and that place-and the whole time I'm on my pissy-sucky-booboo box "waaa waaa waaaa" until I get to the last stop where before i go in I have a look at myself in the sun visor mirror and THERE IS THE BEETLE SITTING ON MY SHOULDERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! 
Fortunately, I was on the phone with a friend (earpiece you’ll) so I didn’t act a fool like I was about to -and he said something like “that’s a good sign…it could be your DAD.”  (pause) My dad ain’t no beetle.  JK! Cld be. ;) But the point is this beetle had been there the entire time for hours probably in the same spot…. Chillin'..... while I'm trippin''…. 
It’s like the Beetle said TRANQUILO CABRÓN!  (I don’t know why the beetle speaks Spanish…) So I'm looking at this beetle on my shoulder and it’s looking at me…and I just had to relax.  There is no control- unless you stay calm- &face your fears head on.  So I'm all ‘cool and the gang’ now looking at this beetle on my shoulder and it was actually pretty frik'in beautiful!  Its color was regal and striking and it was alluring and graceful.  I decided if it was cool- I was cool.  So I left it there- right on my shoulder. I took care of everything I needed to take care of  and the rest of the day ended up being pretty darn good! I felt really light and positive. Then the beetle up and  flew away.  It was kinda like watching an amazing sunset on a day that you never want to end. 




No comments:

Post a Comment